Lead / Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Bolstr is a Marketplace where accredited investors can discover & invest in emerging small businesses. Our mission is to create jobs by enabling access to growth capital to a burgeoning group of consumer, retail and manufacturing businesses.
We have completely broken down the barriers to angel investing, democratizing the opportunity for any accredited investor to become a mini-angel, in businesses like coffee roasters, pie companies, gin distilleries and micro breweries.
We are pioneers in the investment based crowdfunding space, having been up and running for over two years, in advance of the JOBS Act. Through regular TV appearances on MSNBC, NBC, and Fox News, and through monthly contributions to Entrepreneur Magazine, our Co-Founders have developed a respected voice in the space.
What to expect:
At Bolstr, you can expect to be inherently motivated to work hard on a rewarding and fulfilling mission, and leave work everyday with a feeling of accomplishment, and pride that you are really making a difference for others. We’re a lively, goofy, and unusually diverse team, so we guarantee you’ll have a ton of fun along the way!
Our marketplace is expanding daily, and as a result there is constantly greenfield development to tackle. At Bolstr you can expect to be challenged on a daily basis to architect and develop new feature sets, including contributing to streamlining our proprietary small busienss underwriting process through technology.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years developing Ruby on Rails web applications.
- Insistence upon well tested and designed code. Specific experience with Rspec and Cucumber a plus.
- Experience with maintaining databases and writing custom SQL queries. Specific PostgreSQL knowledge a plus.
- Experience with deployment and ability to debug performance and functional issues in production.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where ideas are turned into implementation in a matter of hours/days.
- Ability to work on a team, independently when necessary, and to thrive in a successful startup environment.
What gets us excited:
- A web app you created independently from start to finish.
- Open source projects you've worked on (with tested code).
- An awesome portfolio.
- A strong emphasis on writing clean, elegant code.
- Experienced scaling an app, or split out a monolithic Rails app into services
What we offer:
- Very competitive salary with significant equity
- Flexible working hours and a largely asynchronous results based environment.
- A chance to be part of a highly disruptive startup that is transforming small business finance
- Medical Insurance and a flexible amount of paid time off
- A Mac laptop and a 27" display to go with it (or whatever other tech you need to do your best work).
We also have a sweet new office!
- Bolstr has a huge new corner office with a full view of downtown Chicago under construction. We're located in the heart of the West Loop, on the same block as the new Google building!
- Our office space offers free yoga classes, personal training, and midday meditation “re-set” sessions once a week
- Access to a shower at the office if you want to rinse off after a workout
- Free daily coffee and tea
- Access to a large chefs kitchen
Construction Site - Brand New 22x26 foot Office!
Full Chefs Kitchen
24/7 Work out Studio
How to apply:
Send your github username, resume (or linked in profile), and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org