Bolstr is a Marketplace where accredited investors can discover & invest in exciting local small businesses. Our mission is to create jobs by enabling access to growth capital for an under served demographic of small business owners.
To do this we have completely broken down the barriers to angel investing, democratizing the opportunity for any accredited investor to become a mini-angel. The minimum investment on Bolstr is just $1,000. This allows investors to support several businesses in everything from coffee roasters, and pie companies, to gin distilleries and micro breweries, and earn financial returns through monthly revenue based payouts.
We are pioneers in the crowdfunding space, having been up and running for over two years, in advance of the JOBS Act. Through regular TV appearances on MSNBC, NBC, and Fox News, and through monthly contributions to Entrepreneur Magazine, our Co-Founders have developed a respected voice in the space.
What to expect:
At Bolstr, you can expect to be inherently motivated to work hard on a rewarding and fulfilling mission, and leave work everyday with a feeling of accomplishment, and pride that you are really making a difference for others. We’re a lively, goofy, and unusually diverse team, so we guarantee you’ll have a ton of fun along the way!
Our marketplace is expanding daily, and as a result there is constantly greenfield development to tackle. At Bolstr you can expect to be challenged on a daily basis to architect and develop new feature sets.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years developing Ruby on Rails web applications.
- Insistence upon well tested and designed code. Specific experience with Rspec and Cucumber a plus.
- Experience with maintaining databases and writing custom SQL queries. Specific PostgreSQL knowledge a plus.
- Experience with deployment and ability to debug performance and functional issues in production.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where ideas are turned into implementation in a matter of hours/days.
- Ability to work on a team, independently when necessary, and to thrive in a successful startup environment.
How to impress us:
- Show us a web app you created independently from start to finish.
- Show us open source projects you've worked on (with tested code).
- Show us an awesome portfolio.
- Talk to us about how you write clean code.
- Talk to us about how you've scaled an app, or split out a monolithic Rails app into services
What we offer:
- Very competitive salary and a meaningful equity ownership opportunity in a rapidly growing startup
- Flexible working hours and a largely asynchronous results based environment.
- Entrepreneurial work mindset and a chance to help establish Bolstr as the premier investment based crowdfunding platform
- Medical Insurance and a flexible amount of paid time off
- A Mac laptop and a 27" display to go with it (or whatever other tech you need to do your best work).
- Free Yoga classes, personal training, and midday meditation “re-set” sessions once a week
- Access to a shower at the office if you want to rinse off after a workout
- Free daily coffee and tea
- Access to a large chefs kitchen
We are looking for engineers that are either in the Chicagoland area already, or willing to relocate to the Chicagoland area to join the team. We have a great working environment, consisting of a private office space within a vibrant co-working environment.
How to apply:
Send your github username, resume (or linked in profile), and a brief cover letter to email@example.com